Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dave!

Today we celebrated my awesome husband and his 31 years of life. We worked to make his day special, since he makes our lives so special. I've always admired how Dave seems to be naturally great at everything he attempts. However, I've recently figured out that this is not so much by chance, as it is by hard work. He is so dedicated to his job and his family. I love that he knows everything about the girls-- from Ella's favorite lunch (which he often fixes) to the best-loved stories to how to hold Delia the right way to make her stop fussing. He has a perfect relationship with his girls. And the time he gives to them often comes in place of time he could be spending on himself and his own relaxation. It makes me love him so much as a husband. (He treats me pretty nice too, but I don't have time to get into all that...)

Today we appreciated some of the simpler things in our celebrating: Ella singing "Happy Birthday" to Dave 100 times, the enthusiasm with which she delivered his pile of presents to him in bed this morning, homemade and decorated snowflake cupcakes, the sign and song our nephews shared through the webcam, a fun dinner out and a long roam around the Target to pick out a present with Mom and Dad's gift card (Dave decided on the first season of Heroes on DVD and an air popper for popcorn). It's beginning to sound redundant, and I apologize, but my favorite thing in the world is good family time together and today we got plenty of it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is pretty cool, isn't he? :)
Happy birthday! Glad it was a good time with the family-wish I could have been there!

KyleVM said...

Dave (and Jen) you will love Heros! It is an awesome show. Happy Birthday, once again. Those cupcakes look really good, by the way....

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dave! You made me a proud father 31 yrs ago and a proud grandpa a few yrs ago. But in between, and continuing, you have been a wonderful son, a very good child and an extreme blessing as a man. You are a great father and a great husband. Your mom did a great job of raising you and I was blessed to be along for the ride1 Love Dad