Saturday, December 22, 2007

We Cheated

It must be in our genes. Heather and I share a similar weakness: inpatience when it comes to opening presents. I remember sneakily unwrapping then re-wrapping presents with her when we were little. There is just something about a present that we cannot resist! Now that we are adults and have control over when we celebrate things like birthdays and Christmases, we find ourselves always doing them early. Tonight, Heather had a good reason to do Christmas. Her present to Dan was Lion's tickets and the game is tomorrow.

We, on the other hand, just gave into present temptation! I used this excuse on Dave, "Every day another package arrives in the mail. We don't even have room under our tree anymore. I am concerned that Ella is going to be overwhelmed with presents and not appreciate them as much." It worked. So tonight, we did a little Christmas preview (with just Dan and Heather's gifts) and it was fun! Ella got a play dish/tea set, a Little People minivan with mom and baby and a Calvin shirt. Delia got a very cute green dress and a bear that says prayers. Dave got a cool sound system to dock his IPod in and I got the #1 thing I was most excited to get this year-- a stoopwafel iron!

Thanks Dan and Heather! And don't worry, there are still plenty of presents to unwrap in a few days!
Delia models her dress and I model my new favorite Dutch cookie maker.

Go Calvin!

Ella feeds Delia some tea with a spoon. She played tea party all night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a good idea to me - I buy it. Use your daughter as a reason to open gifts early! Now she has some fun things to enjoy while she waits for Christmas. We will miss all of you tomorrow. Have a wonderful Christmas!
LOVE,
MOM