Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy

This is the message Ella dictated to me for Dave's Father's Day card:

"I love you, Daddy! I love you because you are kind and loving to me. You are good at letting me not be scared and playing blocks with me. You love Jesus and always put a band aid on my owies."

So, to paraphrase Ella, Dave:
-loves his daughter unconditionally
-has a kind heart
-keeps and makes his daughter feel safe
-has a relationship with and interacts with his daughter
-loves Jesus
-mends and ministers to his daughter when she is sad and hurt

Limited and small, I acknowledge, but a pretty good glimpse of our Heavenly Father, don't ya think? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... I'm so proud of my little brother - what a man of God you are!

love, karen

Anonymous said...

Dave: It was great to be on vacation with you Jen and the girls all week. You are a wonderful father to your beautiful little girls, and a loving husband to Jen. It was fun to get to see you in action with your family, and to get to know your girls a little better. Love,
MOM