Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Guess What Movie We've Been Watching...

Here are a few hints. Each night before bed, Delia curls up on the floor and says in her little Delia language, "The sun has gone to bed and so must I. Goodbye!" She waves and makes me carry her to bed like a "bee-bee."
.
Ella spreads her arms and spins around the living room singing, "The hills are alive!" Then she puts on her new dress-up dress, the one with like 5 layers of swirly petticoats, and dances around singing, "I am sixteen going on seventeen." Our favorite is Ella's request of Captain Von Trap at the party: "I'd like to stay and taste my first adult drink. Yes?" Delia always shoots her down with an intentional, "NO!" And, of course, she gets her "banjo" out of the sporting goods tub and sits on her stool for this performance...
.
.
Weeks ago, The Sound of Music was on TV. The little part my girls watched with me was enough to make them fall in love. We actually own this movie and discovered that one of our DVD's special features was a play list of just the songs. We've been in Fraulein Maria imagination world almost every day. We even dragged out the old VHS of Dave as Frederick from when our high school performed this musical!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ella's memory is amazing! too cute.

love
auntie heather

Jonathan's Mom said...

WOW!

Wicker Family said...

LOVE IT!!! The video is so very cute. What little sponges we have in our lives -- for good or bad -- they seem to remember everything! I think I need to get a copy of "Sound of Music".

Quiver Full said...

How adorable! She knows that song pretty well...very impressive!

KyleVM said...

That has got to be the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. My favorite was when she even added the little "let's see if I can make this rhyme" part. How cute!

Anonymous said...

I checked this out, thinking it would be a cute little video of Ella strumming the guitar, while singing a very little line from the movie... I am BLOWN AWAY! She is INCREDIBLE!!! I cannot believe how well she did! Heather is right - her memory IS amazing and her 'stage presence' and cute looks?? Whew - she is the total package! This was adorable and I can't wait to show the boys (which will mean that we will watch it again and again and again...)

As always, I'm really proud of her!

love, Auntie Karen

Dorina Gilmore said...

Well, you probably already know this is Meilani's FAVORITE movie. We sing "So Long Farewell" and "Doe a Deer" every night and often have random "Sound of Music" performances on our couch, on our porch, in the middle of small group. I'm glad this is something my girls can share with your girls!