Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Start of Grandma's Vacation




Tonight Grandma is very happy because Grandpa is finally here! Grandma's
"Week of Work" is over and now we can all be together and enjoy a more normal family visit. I joked that my mother-in-law came a week before her husband to be my servant while my husband was away at SERVE, but it wasn't such a joke! I am so grateful for her help and so appreciate her doing my laundry, cleaning my bathroom, keeping the kitchen tidy, vacuuming for visitors, changing countless diapers, providing free babysitting, helping give baths and read stories and, best of all, just giving Ella quality time while I was busy with Delia. Highlights of her first week with us include: outings to the pediatrician, Costco and Post Office, letting her meet some of our good friends, and fun stuff like Dinner My Way, visiting Dave at church to share dinner and praise time with the teams (picture above), and trips to the fountain park and outlet mall. Grandpa arrived safely late tonight, though. He has already loved meeting and cuddling with his new granddaughter. Hopefully more adventures are in store for us (that will be more exciting than Costco and laundry)...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Dorina Gilmore said...

Sounds like you guys are getting some great quality time with family. You are so blessed!
Love,
The Gilmore fam

Anonymous said...

Something tells me that "grandma" loved EVERY minute of it!!

I bet that they are going to have a hard time leaving their girls!!