Wednesday, March 26, 2008

NKOTB

Hopefully some of you out there will appreciate this...
Here's the background info. One of our radio stations plays a Retro Rewind Lunch program. I LOVE listening to it when we are driving home from errands. I turn it up loud and sing the familiar lyrics at the top of my lungs. I've been able to introduce Ella to all my old favorites, including some New Kids On the Block. One day they were playing "The Right Stuff." Because this song sings the same chorus over and over and over again, Ella picked it up in a snap and has since been singing, "Oh oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh...the right stuff!" This morning Dave found the music video of this song on You Tube and was dancing with Ella when she came out with this:
"No! Don't sing, Daddy, it's Donny's turn to sing!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh-my-gosh! That's SO funny! I LOVE that Ella knows Donny from New Kids on the Block! He was my favorite, the "bad one" of the group. 11 year old Kristen would be proud-I'm sure Dave never understood the purity of "The Right Stuff" in my day too. :)

Love ya! Auntie Kris

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Of course, "Joey" was always my favorite! :-) love, Auntie Karen

Wicker Family said...

Love this:-) I was in LOVE with New Kids on the Block. I think they were the first concert I ever attended.