Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oh, My Sweet Delia!



Exactly one year ago we were given a wonderful gift: our spunky, curious, life-lovin' little Delia. I know every mom must say on their child's first birthday, "But it went so fast!" and I'll add my voice to that sentiment. I remember every detail of her birth as if it were yesterday and her year of milestones blurs with the speed at which she seemed to hit them. (This week we had 2 more big ones-- taking 4 confident steps and nodding her head "yes" and "no.")

My favorite thing about Delia is her passion. She has little middle ground and seems to function at a 10 on the emotional scale most days. She never just gives you a hug. She wraps her whole little body around you and squeezes with all her might. She is never just happy. She kicks her legs, claps and even gives an extreme open mouth smile in her ecstasy. She is never just sad, either. Capable of screaming for hours on end, she won't surrender her discontent without a good fight. The passion with which she tackles each day makes me smile constantly and love her overwhelmingly.

My baby is one. Wow!

6 comments:

Jonathan said...

Happy Birthday, Delia!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jen! This post just made me cry. Happy Birthday Delia! May you never lose that enthusiasm and pure joy! I LOVE YOU!

Love,
Auntie Kris

alison said...

Happy 1st Birthday Delia!!! I can't wait until my turn next week! Can you believe how old we are? Harrison

Sarah VB said...

Oh my! I can't believe she's a year old already! It's been so much fun keeping up with her (and Ella too!) through your blog! Happy Birthday Delia!
- Dave, Sarah, and Ella (:

Dorina Gilmore said...

Happy Birthday, Delia. You are beautiful! We love your passion too and we're excited to see how God grows you into a passionate young woman. Blessings,
Dorina, Ericlee, Meilani & Baby

Gail said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Delia! What a beautiful little girl you've grown into! We look forward to watching your continued growth--sadly from afar. We wish we could be there to celebrate with you, but memories of last summer are sweet and seeing pictures of you and your sister are precious! Happy (and healthy) celebrating!
Love, Anna, Matt, and Gail