Monday, October 27, 2008

Dave Proves A Point

Over and over we keep hearing, "Wow! Delia is sure looking like Dave!" from our friends at church. (We also hear, "All I see is her Grandpa when I look at her!") The other night Dave and I were giving the girls their bath and I was studying Delia's face trying to claim some-- any!-- of her characteristics for me and my family. I too had to agree that she's all VM, resembling Dave more than me. Even so, any trait the girls get from their nearly perfect, kind, good-looking, brilliant, even-tempered father is fine with me!
***
Then Dave pulled out my baby albums...





What do you think? Dave thinks Delia and I would be hard to tell apart if we put our baby pictures side by side. Now the story has changed and he keeps teasing me saying, "I sure wish I saw some of ME in Delia!"

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

Jen, she DOES look like you! (You were a cute baby. :) ) Maybe she's a good mix? :)

Amy

Sarah VB said...

Oh wow! That first pic of you definitely resembles little Delia! Isn't it AMAZING how our little ones can look almost exactly like both parents, even when the parents don't look alike? God's a pretty awesome creator that way. (:

Gail said...

That's so funny. Pretty much from the first pictures I saw of Delia, I've thought she looked like Dave. Now, I probably wouldn't be able to tell your baby pictures from hers! Either way, she's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is freaking me out! Delia IS the spitting image of Dave and she could be an exact replica of you! I don't know what to think anymore! Crazy...

-Kris

KyleVM said...

I didn't read the whole blog before I started looking at the pictures and I thought the first two pictures were of Dave, then got confused about the third and then read that they were you, Jen! So maybe Delia looks like both you and Dave!