Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pajama Party

Well, it worked. My previous post whined about how hot and un-fall-like our weather still was. We decided to go ahead and do fall things anyway with the hope that it would give our season a kick in the pants. I am happy to report that we have cooled off significantly. So much so that today I pulled out winter clothes (I'm wearing a sweater!), down comforters and a space heater. I stacked our logs closer to the house and even built a fire. A bit extreme perhaps, but I am so excited about fall and my wimpy California body thinks it's freezing when it's 60 degrees.

Dave has been gone all weekend at a youth pastors' conference in Sacramento. He's loving it and seeing some big name Christian musicians and speakers. With his absence, today/tonight we spent a lot of time in our jammies. We had family movie night again and popped popcorn and snuggled up in the comforter and couch pillows watching another Scholastic movie (The Wheels on the Bus-- which explains the "shh, shh, shh" the kids are doing in the following picture).



The nice cool weather and the excuse to stay inside cuddled up all day, I'm sighing a happy sigh right now...

3 comments:

KyleVM said...

That's great to see Delia getting into the movie like that. (And I'm a little jealous about your awesome popcorn maker!)

Wicker Family said...

We're living a similar reality:-) With the cooling weather we enjoyed popcorn and movie night this weekend too. I also began the hunt for winter clothes that FIT! How fast these kiddos grow. We also enjoyed your Tomato-Basil Bisque recipe that you have on your blog. It was a BIG HIT with some homemade bread.

Dorina Gilmore said...

We are loving this weather & freezing our bones off every morning when it's 62 degrees in our house. Go figure! Sounds like fun with the girlies at the VM house...