Friday, November 7, 2008

Finally, Some New Recipes

It's been a while since I've posted some new recipes in the sidebar. This gorgeous fall weather perfectly matched the two recipes I'll share...

Today Ella and Delia helped me make the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Ella loves to help crack the eggs and Delia "helps" by sitting on the stool eating raisins in her measuring cup. The wonderful combination of cinnamon and cloves add a surprising spice flavor and fall twist to this cookie classic.

Last night I made the Creamy Wild Rice Soup. I had to put this picture up because it will be a favorite memory of Delia's babyhood. Since she doesn't yet have the words to say, "May I try that please?" her method is to instead lean into whatever we are eating with a wide open mouth. She is a much more adventurous eater than her picky sister!

Besides warm and delicious food, we've also been enjoying lots of warm and delicious fires the past few days. Today I changed all the bedding to flannel sheets. I think fall is here to stay and our few months of cold weather have officially started!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally making the soup as soon as possible! I have 2 soup recipes and have ruined both. Always up for new ones. Thanks Jen! And how sweet is little Delia? I just love her.

Love,
Kris

Wicker Family said...

I guess I'm going to have to get used to central CA winters. Already a month ago, I was ready to pull out sweaters, sweatshirts, and jeans, but so far we haven't used them much. I love that we can still play outside but I'm going to miss snow.