Sunday, September 23, 2007

Best of the Birthday

A couple of you have commented on my lack of birthday blogging. Honestly, I just hadn't gotten around to it. Dave needed the computer last night to work on his sermon and today I've been doctoring Ella, who threw up right before we were going to leave for church-- don't worry I've determined it was some fluke thing. She is acting and eating fine. My 30th birthday was a special day (and week!) and I thought I'd quick share some of the highlights:

  • Good meals (pecan french toast, special sandwiches from my favorite local deli and a fun burger at Red Robin-- the Dutch gal in me signed us up for the "Birthday Club" where you get a FREE meal on your birthday!)
  • The first rain and really cool day of the season. I love this first rain and ironically I planned a "Fall Day" for us where we would visit pumpkin farms or pick apples. The weather was just a little too fall for us to get out and do these things.
  • Spoiled by my great hubby. Dave took extra care of the girls allowing me luxuries like a long bath or a few hours of shopping.
  • GREAT presents! From jammies, to books, to generous gift cards...you were all so thoughtful!
  • GREAT cards! The sentiments some of you shared even made me cry!
  • Ella singing "Happy Birthday" to me. Her sweet version was way better than the crazy, embarrassing restaurant act that they forgot to sing to me (which is fine with me, but a huge let-down for Ella.)
  • The delivery of flowers-- 15 peach tulips! I never get flowers delivered, thanks Karen, Chris and boys!
  • Lots of family time. It was just a nice day of relaxing and cuddling up with those I love most, once again, thanks to the rain!

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Happy Birthday, Ms. Jen! My mom says "Welcome to the 30's!"

We miss you and will call soon to play and return your wonderful DVD player.

Love,
Jonathan

PS-Thank you for the comments. My mom loves comments!

Dorina Gilmore said...

Sounds like you had a stellar 30th birthday, my friend. You deserve to be celebrated.
Miss you,
Dorina
P.S. I'm so proud of you and all the cooking. New recipes are always an inspiration to me. I'm glad you're using your gift!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that the birthday was a success! I wish we could have been there to celebrate. Oh well, great kick off to the new decade! :)
Love
Kris, Eric and Melvin