Thursday, September 6, 2007

One Ball, So Many Functions

This afternoon Dave was able to come on a little outing to the mall with us. We had a nice time window shopping, sharing a pretzel, introducing Ella to the escalator and checking out some possible future purchases with all the generous gift cards we've been getting lately (think I'll wait and buy the girls winter clothes when they go on sale). We came home with something fun too-- one of those giant exercise balls...

Delia is in love with the ball-- her fussiness stops immediately when she starts bouncing. I just finished bouncing her to sleep for the night.

I can feel it in my abs when I bounce for a long time and we've been hearing more and more about "core strength." Hopefully this can help my tummy get back into pre-Delia shape! :)



So, there is the calming of a fussy baby, the exercise element, the additional piece of furniture the ball makes (sounds weird, but it's a really comfy chair!) and then there are the laughs. Ella thinks the ball is fascinating and right away had to fetch her ball and baby. She's been mimicking us all night!

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

Ooooh, your ball matches my dad's ball!

See you Monday!

Love,
Jonathan

Dorina Gilmore said...

Ah, yes, the Gilmores are big fans of the Exercise Ball. I bounced an insomniac Meilani on that ball and it did the trick every time. Come to think of it - I did at least 12 hours of labor on that ball and it helped my back pain immensely. Now we use it for workouts.
Have fun bouncing!
Dorina

Anonymous said...

Wow - all the benefits of one ball. That is great - you can excercise and bounce the baby to sleep! Glad you are all benefiting from your purchase. We are so glad to hear that you are coming for Thanksgiving. Everyone is very excited to see all of you!
Love,
MOM

Anonymous said...

Does noone else find the title of this blog post hilarious? At first I thought it was dad's birthday blog- Am I really the only immature one in the group? :)

Anonymous said...

I too found myself feeling a bit strange -- but didn't know why. But then when I read this last comment I was able to release that strange feeling with a good hearty laugh!!