Saturday, September 1, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is Dave's mom's birthday and, like we say in every birthday blog, we love her and are sad we are not together to celebrate. This statement is especially true after having spent so much quality time together on her recent visit to California.

For premarital counseling, Dave is reading the book "The Five Love Languages." This is a pretty well-known book, but the basic premise is that we all interpret and show love in either one, or a combination of 5 distinct ways. We can perform acts of service, speak words of encouragement, give affection, give gifts or desire quality time. Dave and I were recently "diagnosing" the love languages of the people we knew best and we decided that Mom is the one person who does all 5 perfectly. She is SO loving, we never have any doubt about how much she cares for us and her grandkids because she is always telling us, serving us or sending us gifts. And she is truly happiest when her whole family is together spending time. We love this about Mom!

Hope you have a great day, Mom, we love and miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I really appreciate your kind words. I love the picture of Delia and I. She is looking right into my eyes, listening to my every word. I miss all of you. We went out for a birthday breakfast to Egg Harbor in Hinsdale. I love you - Dave, Jen, Ella and Delia.
MOM

Gail said...

Hi Jen,
We don't have internet access at home yet, so I get it while I can when I'm out and about, so I had a lot to catch up on. Delia sure is growing quickly. What a cutie! Anna and I love watching Ella on the videos too. I think Anna learns a thing or two from Ella. We miss you all and hope things go well with the start up of church programs, etc. Take care.
Gail