Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy Birthday, Kyle!

Today Dave's younger brother, Kyle turns 25! Kyle has so many awesome and unique gifts and character traits that I've been trying to think of a way to spin them into a description all morning. I concluded that it would sound rambling, so here is a list of things we love about Kyle:

1. He's brilliant. But more than that (because all the VM kids are smart) he has an intense hunger to learn new things...constantly!
2. He's a wonderful uncle. To watch him play with his nephews and nieces is to see new worlds of imagination open up-- he has a knack for encouraging this.
3. He's creative. Always the social planner of his group of friends, Kyle puts on the best themed parties and events.
4. He's kind and sensitive. Kyle's heart is huge.
5. He cares so much about the people he loves. A conversation with Kyle often feels one sided because he is so busy asking you questions about yourself and your life, you don't get the chance to reciprocate.
6. He's brave and successful. Venturing out the east coast on his own, he now holds an interesting job in the political arena in Washington DC.
7. He's a man of God. His quest to know Jesus better has taken him on some unexpected paths.
8. He's funny. Kyle sense of humor is more subtle than his sister, Kristen's, but he is still hilarious.
9. He's generous. Kyle is a great gift giver. One gift we especially appreciate him giving is his time. He comes to visit us regularly.
10. He's cool. Kyle's clothes, apartment, taste in movies/music is simply hip. (Although, I feel pretty uncool not being able to describe his style with better words!)

We love you, Kyle. Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

KyleVM said...

Thank you guys SO MUCH for the Birthday blog. Although I am 25, I felt like a little kid today, because I kept refreshing your page and waiting for the birthday message (and I chose a sprinkle doughnut at work). I'm incredibly touched by your note and it makes me very excited to see you guys again this Thanksgiving--and to meet my little Delia. Thanks again--I love you all!

Dorina Gilmore said...

I love how you honor your fam on the blog. You make them "blog famous"!
Ciao,
Dorina