Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Brainstorming...

In one week, Dave's brother Kyle will be here, completing our winter of visitors (and oh, what a good winter it's been!) He called yesterday with some requests for his trip out to CA. One, he wants to make us dinner. Two, he wants to babysit. And three, he wants to see some part of California that he hasn't seen yet. This is tricky, because Kyle is one of our regular guests and we have crossed a lot of things off the list...
Big Trees

Napa

Yosemite

San Fransisco

Pebble Beach

Sacramento (this is the rose garden outside the capitol building and that's Ella!)
~~~~~~
I have a few other ideas, but they may not be kid friendly or ideal for this time of year. I don't want to be stumped! Any suggestions???

6 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Have you done Santa Cruz? What about Columbia or Jamestown? Oakland Zoo?

Anonymous said...

wow, cook and babysit... i am a slacker house guest. i think i need to step up my visits.

love,
heather

Anonymous said...

The Winchester Mystery House in San Jose was always my favorite...

Sarah said...

Daffodil Hill in Amador County opens March 14. Sutter's Mill, and Kennedy Gold Mine and Indian Grinding Rock State Park are all up Highway 88 near Jackson. It can be a fun day trip with plenty to see. This morning I was looking at old pictures of a trip to Daffodil Hill, don't remember much so I was just looking at what else we can do up there. This web site was handy. www.kennedygoldmine.com

Jonathan's Mom said...

I've been racking my brain and the only things I can come up with are Lake Tahoe and Sequoia/Kings Canyon Nat'l Park.

Lyndsay's suggestions were good ones.

Let us know what you decide! :)

KyleVM said...

I got a blog preview! That's awesome. I'm sure that no matter what we do it will just be great to be together, but I do always enjoy taking advantage of the SO many wonderful things that you are surrounded by. And since it will be, oh, probably at least 50 degrees warmer than it is here today, I will be happy to get out.

Don't trump me up too much Heather, I'm only cooking cause I need tips/advice from your sister and I want to babysit to make sure that I get to play with the girls without Dave and Jen always interrupting and asking questions about school, Chicago, etc., etc...

I am seriously getting really excited. All of the suggestions sound awesome. The parks and goldmine looks pretty neat.