Monday, March 16, 2009

"Please, God, Let It Be a Sister"

So, remember when I took my very pregnant friend Amy on a 3 and half mile hike hoping to jump-start the labor we thought at the time was moments away? That was 17 days ago! Right NOW Amy is in the hospital having her baby. For the health of her baby and safety of her delivery, she did end up having to be induced. Last night I was telling Ella that Jonathan was going to be a big brother today. We prayed that baby would come fast and safe and healthy and Ella added, "And please, God, let it be a sister. Amen." We can't wait to post the good news-- hopefully sometime later today.

Here are a few pictures of Ella playing with her buddy while we watched Jonathan during some of Amy's midwife appointments...

Playing sleepover. ("Mommy, I can't sleep if you keep taking my picture!")


Doing a seed project. Ella made a whole paper's worth the designs and letters. I got just one picture out of Jonathan before he dashed back to his trains. Delia just gobbled up the sunflower seeds!

2 comments:

Dorina Gilmore said...

SOOOooo fun - one month after Giada's birth! Hope it's a sister...

Wicker Family said...

I'm so anxious to hear some news!!!