Thursday, March 19, 2009

Super Uncle!

With much anticipation from my oldest daughter, Uncle Kyle arrived safely yesterday. When the car pulled in, Ella bolted up from her nap, started shaking and said, "He's here! I'm so excited!" She flew into his arms for a giant hug the second she saw him. In no way has Uncle Kyle's presence been a let down either! He warned us how badly he's missed his nieces and yesterday he spent every possible minute playing hard with them.
.
First Kyle unloaded presents from his suitcase-- a pile of books, one specially picked out for each of us. Then it was time for "Potato Head Gets Married," Pretty Pretty Princess, dress-up, Elefun and pretty much every other toy we own.

Last night Ella was crying about having to go to school because "I'll miss Uncle Kyle so much!" So, this morning he kindly got up early to walk her to school and listen as she showed off her classroom. Ella knows Uncle Kyle will babysit her and Delia tonight and she cannot wait!

2 comments:

Wicker Family said...

Oh, Jen! What wonderful memories. (When you describe Ella "shaking" with excitement I can picture exactly what you mean. Anika does that too.) I hope you and your family enjoy every minute together - and enjoy your night out!

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that the girls were so excited to see Kyle. I'm sure you will all enjoy his visit. Have fun on your night out tonight. I'll be watching the blog to find out everything that you are doing.
MOM