Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kyle in the Kitchen

It wasn't easy, but we managed to meet Kyle's two difficult demands. We let him babysit for us and we let him make us dinner. ;)
.
There's a new restaurant in town that I've been wanting to visit with Dave. Thursday night we were treated to some free childcare while we ate a delicious dinner and partook in distraction-free conversation. At home, Kyle rolled out the honey-wheat dough and topped a pizza with the girls. Then it was time to play, play, play!

Friday night, Chef Kyle cooked us a scrumptious dinner and also supplied me with a new recipe. This almond-encrusted chicken with lemon sauce was fab-u-lous! Some rice, fresh asparagus and a bottle of Moscato and what a feast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great Dave and Jen, that you could have some time together, and have Kyle watch the girls. I'm sure that everyone enjoyed that. What a delicious sounding meal he made too. Kyle is a great house guest. Hopefully we will talk to you soon. It's a beautiful day here today. Dad is outside, grilling. Love,
MOM

Wicker Family said...

Well, do share -- the recipe, I mean! I've had great success with the VM family recipes and I'm always on the look-out for another chicken recipe. . .

Dorina Gilmore said...

Sounds like two fab meals! I'll have to try out this recipe...