Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Plug

For any mama who has ever stood in a kitchen with a little one on a step stool beside you asking to help, I have the perfect book! We just received our copy of Cora Cooks Pancit and it has already been read multiple times and labeled our new favorite book. My favorite thing about this book? It's written by my talented college roomie, Dorina Lazo Gilmore! This is the 3rd children's book Dorina has published. It is stellar. The story sings with her personal touch-- from the noodle dance party to the retorts of the Mama character to the stories of grandparents who've immigrated from a far-away country. Ella and I have logged hours cooking and baking together so we both connected with the base story of a mom and daughter spending quality time together in the kitchen. I'm so proud of Dorina and so pleased to add this adorable, colorful and tasty book to our bookshelf!
.

3 comments:

Dorina Gilmore said...

Jen,
Thanks so much for the generous review! I'm glad you and Ella could connect with the book even though you're not Filipino. I hope the book has that universal appeal. I appreciate all your support!
Dorina

Wicker Family said...

Jen, we're putting it on our list!

Jonathan's Mom said...

You're friends with someone famous! :)

Thanks for the tip...you know we always love a good book, especially one with a personal connection!