Thursday, May 7, 2009

What's Growin' On? (Part 1)

I love our home in the spring. The lawn is lush from a winter of rain, the hydrangea is getting ready for its June explosion, the roses are more than thriving and all my flower beds and wine barrels are bursting with color. It won't be long until we enter the long, hot, dry season and, trust me, the things I grow just don't have the strength to battle it! (Or maybe it's me who lacks the strength.) So we enjoy it now. Wanna take a spring tour with me?
.

These California poppies came up wild in my garden this year.

The snapdragons I planted in January are still going strong.

Ella and Delia sometimes pick bouquets on the sly. If they didn't so thoughtfully give them to me as a present, I would be more mad. (These are actually all weeds Ella is holding-- pick away!)

Ah, I'm crazy about my roses!

For Mother's Day, Dave and the girls gave me two fruit trees, which was actually Ella's idea! Here Delia and Dave plant the orange tree. The peach tree will go in soon.

We can't wait for fresh oranges and peaches!

1 comment:

Wicker Family said...

Beautiful! I'm enjoying my spring abundance soon (and I finally got around to planting some veggies, too.) I totally understand your comment about the long, hot, dry summer and "lacking the strength" to keep things growing -- I'm with ya!