Saturday, May 9, 2009

More Fun Without Daddy

Though I never played any sport on any team, a while ago I taught Ella and Delia how to stack our hands up and pump them shouting, "1-2-3 GO TEAM!" We do this cheer regularly for random reasons. Today as we sat by the lake munching strawberries Ella said, "Mommy can we make a hand sandwich and yell 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!'?" That is the best way to describe the wonderful day I had with my 2 best girl friends.
~~~~~
Again, escaping a day with no Daddy, we took off to take advantage of a zoo membership perk-- free admission to almost all other zoos in the country. The little zoo we explored today is that super small one I feel funny even calling a "zoo." Under construction, the good animals-- seals, alligator and snow leopard-- weren't even on exhibit. Good thing we didn't have to pay the $5 to get in! :) The girls got a real kick out of the noisy monkeys and birds, though, and a highlight was definitely the new and interactive lorikeet habitat. Ella made it clear she did not want to feed the birds this time, but that didn't stop them from landing on us! Delia continues to talk about the "birdie head, birdie hat, me." Both girls laughed manically while we were in the bird enclosure (wonder and delight mixed with fear, I think.)
.


The little zoo is actually one of many attractions at a large park. After an hour of monkeys, we put on the swim suits and hit the water play area. Each year Ella gets braver and braver in the fountains. I was surprised we had the whole place to ourselves on a Saturday.



A picnic by a quaint lake and some slides and swings at the playground completed the day. My girls are getting to an age where it's just fun to hang out with them. They bring me so much joy. Going on an adventure with them is truly like spending time with friends.
~~~~~
Oh, and do you notice what Delia is not wearing in these pictures? Yesterday marked 3 weeks since her break and the brace came off!

1 comment:

Wicker Family said...

Maybe we can meet at Mistlin park sometime soon? I would love to get together again. . .