Tuesday, April 3, 2007

PINK!

Our doctor appointment today revealed that we will add another girl to our family! We felt very sure that this one would be a boy, so we are pleasantly surprised. Both Dave and I wanted another girl, but feel strange, like we need to adjust our mindset now. Here is a list of reasons why we're so excited about this little girl (for now... I'm sure we'll think of a 100 more):

1. I have a sister, so I know the wonderful blessing that it is. I think a sister is one of the greatest things we can give Ella.
2. It's a family "tradition" on the VM side for the first born son to have two daughters. This goes back several generations.
3. We have all the girl stuff already! I would feel just sick to not use the numerous tubs of clothing we got as gifts at least one more time.
4. We recently found a girl name that both Dave and I are completely in love with. (You'll have to wait until she's born to hear it though...we gotta keep some surprises!)
5. Our daughters can share a room and we don't have to figure out a new house floor plan.
6. We have found the experience of having a daughter thoroughly amazing and wonderful, what could be better than to have another?



Other than the baby's gender, we learned that she is completely healthy, active and growing as she should be (as am I!)

2 comments:

KyleVM said...

Congratulations! I was at a friend's house for a seder last night, but Mom called and gave me the exciting news. I must say, I was not surprised to hear it was a girl--I had been thinking that all along. I am overjoyed to hear that everything is healthy and my little niece is developing safely along.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You certainly make beautiful girls... that's for sure! Can't wait to meet her!

p.s. you look GREAT, Jen!

love, karen