Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Sad Day

Today is a very sad day for my sister, Heather, and her husband, Dan. They had to put their puppy, Diesel, to sleep. They adopted Diesel exactly a year ago today and for one year he brought a lot of fun, energy, cuddles, love and sometimes frustration into their lives. A few weeks ago he started having some seizures. He was given medicine and a life-long diagnosis that they thought would just be an annoyance. Today he had a series of seizures that were so bad, he became unconscious and lost most of the abilities of his brain. There was no choice but to put him to sleep.

I have not personally lost a pet dog, but I know just the idea of putting Lily to sleep makes me very, very sad. (I just cried about it last night as I finished reading the book "Marley and Me.") It seems especially hard to loose a dog because they are so full of unconditional love and loyalty.

No comments: