Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Wonderful Surprise

Amidst a completely crazy 2 weeks, Dave surprised us with an unexpected day off today! He is so busy because Pastor Bruce (our Senior Pastor) is at Synod, so Dave is being Senior and Youth Pastor right now. Here is what has been filling his schedule: lots of preaching, lots of meetings, lots of report writing and preparations for the meetings, being the speaker at the local retirement home and planning/recovering from a middle-school lock-in this weekend. His being this busy is somewhat normal and fine when I am not 9 months pregnant and finding my energy and mobility very limited. Ella and I have hardly seen Dave for the past few days and I was feeling pretty worn out!

Not today, though! Dave turned off his alarm this morning and slept in, then asked if I would like a special lunch. So we went to the Olive Garden and spent a great day together. I got to sit with my feet up for most of it, as Dave relished in the play time with Ella. They did artwork, read stories, did puzzles, played the elephant and butterfly game, played cars, built towers, made videos and Daddy was even Ella's horsie for a little while!

What a great husband and dad, I'm so blessed!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Aren't daddies great, Ella?

Love,
Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all three of you had a wonderful day! That was sweet of you David, to give Jen some time to relax. Not too much longer! We can't wait to meet our new little grandaughter!

Love,

MOM