Sunday, April 20, 2008

What's In a Name?

For a while I've been wanting to come up with a new name for our blog and today I unveil "The VM Family Footprints" as our new blogger identity!

When I started "The Growing VM Family" blog, our family was growing-- I was newly pregnant with Delia. While individually we all continue to grow (spiritually, physically and intellectually), our family as a whole does not expect any more growth in terms of numbers. Delia's birth brought on the title "The *New and Improved* VM Family." And yes, with the addition of our youngest, we are "improved," but 9 months later we are not so "new" anymore.

I like the image of footprints because it illustrates the mark we hope to leave and the path we invite you to follow. Our blog serves to update our far-away family and friends on both the every day and the spectacularly unusual blessings in the journey of our lives (and true, most of those are centered around our girls). But I write our blog to also encourage, advise, share and testify. I hope it leaves some sort of mark on you-- on your tool bar's bookmarks and on your hearts.

5 comments:

Gail said...

I love the new name--perfect with the verse it that accompanies it. We miss you all, but it's so wonderful to keep updated through the blog! Blessings,
Matt, Gail, and Anna

Jonathan said...

We love the name!!! So glad you are a part of our blog world but even happier you're in our everyday world. :)

KyleVM said...

Congratulations on the new name! What a perfect picture to accompany its unveiling. I cannot say how beneficial this blog is for me as a far away uncle. I really do feel like I am a part of your daily life. And I like that you take advantage of the content and do fun side-postings like book recommendations and recipes (though I confess I've never made any of them).

Keep up the good work!

--Kyle

Anonymous said...

I really like the new name, and the verse. As grandparents, we feel so blessed to be able to see all of the pictures, and know what is going on in your lives. It is wonderful that we can watch our grandauthters grow and develope, and know all about their day to day activities. You do a great job of writing the blog, Jen. Love,
MOM

Anonymous said...

I have to jump on the bandwagon and agree on the awesome new name and the fact that the blog has been a huge blessing to our family! Thank you for the time and effort that you put into creating each update! We've been able to feel included in the girl's every day lives... even though we live so very far away. lots of love, Karen