Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Just Love This...

There is a new nightly ritual in my home. On the nights Dave does not have a meeting, he and Ella snuggle up in the rocking chair to read Charlotte's Web. I love this because it shows how my husband shines as a daddy. I also love this because my 3 year old daughter cannot get enough of this large chapter book! She is surprisingly absorbing all of the story (evidenced by her everyday re-enactment of "Fern and Wilbur"). She begs for more at the end of each chapter and has had pieces of the story sprinkling her conversations with us since this new ritual started. I have always admired Ella's imagination. I love seeing her use it to enjoy the wonderful stories of my childhood!



This is pen she built for Wilbur. The yellow blankie is "dirt." Is anyone else disturbed by the meal she choose to feed Wilbur? Bacon! Perhaps she's not absorbing every detail of the book...

No comments: