Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Sweet Start

I am so blessed to have daughters who are crazy about each other. I pray that they remain best friends for life. No one can make Delia laugh like Ella. No one is the object of more affection from Ella than Delia. Ella's every move is validated by Delia's imitation of it. Lately I've been noticing them playing together a lot more. They color, play kitchen and dress up. They dance and chase each other, giggle and just act goofy-- exactly the types of things you are suppose to do with a sister, right? Today was a normal enough morning, except that I captured some of these moments....
The day always begins with some cuddling in our bed shortly after waking up (I obviously try to stretch this time out as long as possible). Today Ella bathed Delia in hugs and kisses while she laughed hysterically.

Next we make some breakfast. Today the girls were too cute sharing their strawberry smoothie.

Then it's time to get ready and play. Today they got all dressed up to "ride the airplane to Chicago." Just a typical sweet start to our day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell them not to play such a dangerous game. Thank you!

Auntie Kris

Dorina Gilmore said...

What a sweet blog. It is a blessing to have girls who get along so well - especially with their age difference.

Linking Lines said...

As someone who has 3 sisters...I love to hear your stories about your girls! I only hope Kiera gets a sister one of these days (:. There is nobody I am closer to than each of my sisters...they are my best friends! How precious that you are seeing their closeness already!!! Wish we could have a play date!