Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thoroughly Celebrated and Serenaded

This year my birthday was fabulous. It was stretched into a 4 day event that held special restaurant lunches, great gifts and cards, one well-wishing phone call after the next, a homemade cake and about 20 choruses of "Happy Birthday To You!"
Dave knew he'd be crazy busy yesterday on the actual day, so we celebrated my birthday on Saturday. And he spoiled me-- driving me a bit of distance to eat lunch at my favorite restaurant, Panera Bread, making sure I did no work, grilling steaks and giving me a beautiful new watch. He and Ella also baked this cake together and made a big deal about the song and candles. Look at Delia clapping along!

Yesterday a normal play date at Jetta's held a surprise for me. Jetta decorated, pulled out the birthday hats and had her crew sing to me yet again (with a candle in a Stroopwafel!). She also made me feel special and sent me home with some gorgeous flowers.

On Friday I did the birthday lunch with The Ladies. It was as fun as it always is to have a little break from the kids and enjoy some adult time with my 6 other mom friends. We laughed and dished over a fun meal. Thanks to everyone who made efforts to give me such a happy day!

1 comment:

Dorina Gilmore said...

How fun! I love hearing about the little community of friends God has placed you in and how they shower you with blessings. You deserve to be celebrated, my friend. Happy Birthday!