Friday, April 24, 2009

At Least She's Listening

Here's a conversation I had with Ella while she helped me with the laundry:

Ella: Hey! Our dryer has a light in it! Isn't that neat?
Mom: Why do you think we have a light in our dryer? Are the clothes afraid of the dark?
Ella: I don't know Mommy. I guess that's just the way God made our dryer.

Her response cracked me up because this is something she hears from me constantly. Some of the most recent questions it answered were, "Why do flamingos stand on one leg?" and "Why do bats hang upside-down?" and "Why can't whales smell?" and "Why do bees have stingers?" It works well when I have no clue what the answer to her question is!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I LOVE this post. "That's just the way God made it." is our answer to most of the toddler/preschool questions. Thanks for the birthday tip at Red Robin!