Monday, April 6, 2009

"Little Us"

My college roommate and I have officially multiplied to six. Today we took a day trip to meet the newest member of our Girl Party-- Baby Giada. Dorina was a gracious one-armed host with an Easter egg dying project for the girls, even in the midst of nursing, carrying snoozing baby in the sling and changing teeny-tiny diapers. She has always been the multitasking master of keeping all those balls in the air. We tried to help a bit by bringing Dorina, who has been exposing me to different foods the entire time I've known her, an authentic Dutch lunch-- Dutch soup, thick bread and almond bars.
.
Ella was very excited to play with her good friend Meilani, but also enjoyed gently holding, kissing and cuddling Baby Giada.
A sleeping angel! Giada graced me some of her new and giant gummy smiles while I held her. Though she's grown considerably in her 7 weeks of life, she still felt pretty small and fragile in my arms.

We spent the afternoon at a really neat park by their house. As we watched Ella, with her short blond bob, and Meilani, with her dark flowing locks, run around squealing, Dorina exclaimed, "It's little us!" It's so special to watch our daughters share friendship too! I expect Delia and Giada will bring us the same sentiments as we watch them play in the future.



2 comments:

Jonathan's Mom said...

How fun! What a great day!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun visit. I bet that Delia seemed so big, compared to this new little one - how sweet! I miss Dorina's comments on your blog - but it seems like she is a little busy these days. It was nice to see pictures of all of the kids. I'm sure they will be good friends for a long time.
MOM