Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Free

The other day I was driving with the girls when the Newsboys song "I Am Free" came on KLOVE. Ella heard the words and exclaimed, "I LOVE this song! This is MY song!" As she continued to listen she peppered me with questions like, "Why do they have to be free to dance?" or "Are the people who sing this free?" I tried to give her an understandable-to-a-3-year-old explanation of what it means to find freedom in Christ. I was so impressed at how into this song she was getting! After a while, though, she came out with, "I won't be free for long, soon I'll be four."

Of course, what could I do but bust out laughing? We're still working on those "th's." :)

Click here to watch a video, if you're unfamiliar with this song.

3 comments:

KyleVM said...

That is hilarious, Jen! I hope you are able to save the blog somehow so the girls can see what they were like when they were younger and the cute things they say. I keep thinking about Ella's play-wedding and when she wanted us to say "education!" When we would sing the song "come in to my heart" in Sunday school, the lyrics said "come into my heart today," but I thought it was "come into my heart Tuesday" and wondered why God only wanted to come into our hearts on Tuesdays.

Wicker Family said...

Don't you love having a blog so you never forget those moments. That is priceless! I'm still smiling -- and I needed that today, so thanks Ella.

Sarah VB said...

That was WAY too funny! I'm sure you must just be smiling all of the time from the things your little girls say and do. :)