Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Shoes

Unless it's a gift, Delia does not usually get new clothes. Her size and season matches up with Ella's perfectly, making hand-me-downs such a blessing. She was having a little trouble with the shoes Ella wore the summer she was 18 months though, so last night I took Delia shoe shopping.

Dave thought this was such an indication of how Delia is growing up in personality and communication and got such a kick out of the story, he told me I had to blog it. I plucked about 7 pairs that I thought were appropriate off the shelf and starting trying them on her. After each pair she would shake her head vehemently and say, "No, no, no..." No to the strappy, butterfly sandals. No to the flowered, canvas gym shoes. No to the purple, waterproof sandals. No to the pink, velcro shoes. When we got to this last pair, her eyes lit up and she said "Yeah!!" She thrust her foot out for me to put it on and wouldn't take the shoes off, wearing them home. Of course this was the most expensive pair, but even Dave said, "How could you resist that?"

As you can imagine, we are very used to Ella having quite an opinion about what she will and will not wear, but this is Delia's first display of it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and they are so cute! She has good taste. It is so fun that she is expressing herself in this way. She knows what she wants!
I'm jealous of your great weather. We are still waiting on Spring.

MOM

Wicker Family said...

How do they develop such strong opinions?

Quiver Full said...

Very cute shoes! Having an Imelda Marcos of my own (Adriana), I have to say...you're just getting started! ;0) How cute!!!!