Saturday, May 12, 2007

Finally Done!

For my birthday in September, Dave got me an awesome 3-part gift. I received outdoor speakers, cool string lights and the promise to redo the canopy of our old and ugly patio. Well, like every single project we've attempted in our over 50 year old house, we encountered unexpected problems. This time it was that all the wood was rotten and had to be entirely replaced and rebuilt. Every now and then Dave gets a whole Saturday off where he can really work on this and today was the one to complete it-- almost, we have just a few little things left to do. So even though it is 8 months past my birthday, today I am finally enjoying my gift! Aren't you impressed with Dave's carpentry?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Jen -
Your patio looks awesome! I love cozy outdoor areas and yours looks so fun and cozy. Dave did good work! I know I owe you an e-mail. I'll try to get to that soon! Love, Melissa

Jonathan said...

Hi Ella,

We love your patio and the video of you reading The Gorilla Book!

Love,
Jonathan