Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

To our Mom, Grandmas, Sister and Friends and Relatives with children...Happy Mother's Day! We hope your day has been filled with relaxation and love from your families. I have been having a great Mother's Day thanks to my wonderful husband and daughter-- they made both special breakfast and lunch for me, gave me fun presents and have been serving me and making me feel loved all day.

Dave and I have been having lots of conversation about motherhood today. We recalled memories of growing up with our moms and Dave wondered what I find most rewarding about being a mom. It was hard to pinpoint one exact answer, but what I think I most enjoy is just having another wonderful person in my family to love. Ella has brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined. Every day she makes me feel happy, amazed, proud, sometimes frustrated and very needed. Having her puts important purpose in my life. She is such a great kid, I am just so happy she is mine to enjoy!

It's been a great day. This Mother's Day I have cherished all it means to be called "Mommy" and have enjoyed remembering all the special mother figures I had/have in my life.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I have been reading your blogs lately. Just wanted to say "hi" and Happy Mother's Day! Your mom would be so proud of the wife and mom you have become!
Love,
Shannon