Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Getting Ready for the Big Day

Tomorrow is Ella's second birthday and preparations are in full swing today. While still a little fuzzy on the fact that tomorrow is her birthday, she does seem to understand that she will be opening presents and seeing friends. We've been practicing our singing and Ella's new favorite song is indeed, "Happy Day!" We cannot sing it without at least 5 verses: one for Ella, then Buddy, then Lily, then Daddy, then Mommy. Thanks to everyone who sent presents. I've been saving them and we'll open them tomorrow when we wake up.

Not officially a party, but we are having our play group here tomorrow morning. To make it a little more special, Dave and I did decorate with streamers and balloons. I am planning a bug theme with cupcakes decorated with candy bugs, butterfly fruit kabobs, a lady bug craft and a game where the kids catch butterflies with nets.

Today I have worn my 9-months-pregnant self out cleaning and getting things ready. Simple things like standing long enough to bake or bending over are just not as easy as they used to be! Good thing I have my little helper Ella! (Yeah right, she made it her mission to make a mess of everything I just cleaned and decided to be scared to death of the vacuum cleaner today!)

And if you are wondering why Cindy and Dorina aren't in my pictures-- they are coming next week now. After Zeke got sick, Cindy needed to change her tickets. I am happy that the trip wasn't canceled, just moved!

No comments: