Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Conversation with Ella about School

If you are wondering how Ella's first week of school went, the answer is great! We think. Ella is pretty good at answering our questions, but there is still much about her preschool experience we don't know (and that is fine). It's strange that I am surrendering my daughter for three and half hours each of these days and I don't know every detail!

To satisfy your curiosity (Grandma!), I will write out a combination of conversations we've had with Ella about Tuesday and this morning so you can get an idea of how she is doing.

Us: How was school?
Ella: Good.

Us: Do you like your teachers?
Ella: Yes.

Us: Did you have fun?
Ella: Yes.

Us: What friends do you play with?
Ella: Olivia

Us: What did you eat for snack?
Ella: Pretzels, circles and bears.

Us: Did you make a craft?
Ella: Yes, I cut with a scissors and I paint paper. When I paint, there was a star!

Us: What did you learn?
Ella: I learned about Jesus.

Us: What did you learn about Jesus?
Ella: Jesus made cows that moo, birds, rainbows, dirt and bugs.

Us: Did you sing songs?
Ella: Yes. I sing the "Preschool is a happy place, happy place, happy place. Preschool is a happy place. I like going to my school!" song.

Us: Did you go potty?
Ella: Yes. We all take a turn, but they don't leave us alone.

Us: Did you talk about your Share Bag? (Each day they bring some item for show-and-tell. On Tuesday she brought Turbo, her cat from Auntie Heather)
Ella: No, I didn't want a kid to touch him or him to get holes. He just stayed in my bag.

Us: What is your favorite thing about school?
Ella: Playing outside in the park.

So there you have it. You now know as much about Ella's take on preschool as we do. She does seem to love it!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I'm so glad you like school, Ella!

My mom is going to call your mom soon. We have had quite the week around here.

Love,
Jonathan