Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Family Visit Wrap-Up

Tonight my house is quiet and empty of guests. The departure of Anna and Heather has saddened all of us, but we are so thankful for the time we got to spend together. We did do a number of fun outings, but many of the good times happened right at home (or close to it). Here are a few memories from my family's mini-reunion.




Anna flew out last night and today was Heather's last day. We spent it showing her a big California dairy and cooling off in a friend's pool.



Each night without fail, we watched the Olympics until half of us were asleep and had to be dragged off the couch (Heather and me). Why Anna's animated style of viewing the games didn't keep us more awake, I don't know. She may be Michael Phelps' #1 fan; here she cheers him on for his historic 8th gold medal.




We celebrated both Anna and Heather's summer birthdays with cake and presents. I gave my girls a morning of pedicures (a gift for me too!)


Oh how my girls *loved* having their Aunties here!

2 comments:

Dorina Gilmore said...

Oh, how fun. Looks like you did lots of "girly things." Even pedicures! We look forward to your next outing...to our house!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I'm very happy that you could all be together for a few days. Hopefully we will get to see both Anna and Heather some time soon. Delia certainly looks brave standing right by the cows! - and I can't believe that Ella is in school already! I'm excited to hear all about it!
MOM