Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Delia At Play

I am aware that most of my recent posts have been very Ella-centered. Though she spent most of San Diego in the stroller (explaining her absence from pictures) and hasn't been able to paint plates or be the star of any weddings, Delia does continue to bring constant excitement and laughter into our lives. How to describe her at this stage? Busy, active, energetic, displaying characteristics of a tornado. The nursery volunteers had this to say about Delia when we picked her up on Sunday, "She's a chatterbox!" and "She just doesn't stop, does she?" and "You have your hands full!" I still love the enthusiasm with which she busts into rooms or can't tell us something without shouting it. Delia's first choice is always to do something I'd rather her not do, like dance on the coffee table, empty my cabinets or climb to the top of the couch armrest and jump off. Yet, she's had these great moments of quiet play lately too. Following her sister's lead, she also loves dress up, Little People, taking care of her baby doll and play dough. And she's actually able to concentrate on these things and play them for a decent while too. It goes without saying that I take great pleasure in watching my girls play together.



1 comment:

Wicker Family said...

Wonderful reflections on Delia! I'm thinking that the "tornado syndrome" must have more to do with birth order than gender - as Drew is my, um, ACTIVE child. I'm glad that Delia gives you a few quiet min. of play once in awhile!