Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Biblical Truths of a 3-Year-Old

This week I've been affirmed in our teaching because I've seen Ella integrate a variety of Bible lessons into her play. Specifically, we've been talking about heaven and the Lord's Prayer and reading her current favorite stories (The Good Samaritan and Four Good Friends) every day. It's so neat to see how she processes this!

Last night at dinner Ella asked, "Can I have some Daily Bread? Are we out of Daily Bread?"

Yesterday she also turned a stool and the bathtub into the front and back seat of a car. She made Pooh Bear the chauffeur and answered this when I asked where she and Delia were going, "We're driving to heaven. It will take a while to get there. It is far away. Do you want to be God, Mommy? We'll go visit you in heaven!"

I recently found her dragging a doll across the floor on a blanket. Of course, "This is the sick man and I am a good friend. I am going to bring him to Jesus" I learned.

And when going through her Awanas book I found this picture. She told me that it is "Ella, zebras and flowers in heaven." I was admiring the beautiful sunset she drew in the clouds when she corrected me, "No. Everyone else was using all the blues for their sky. I decided to make mine red."

1 comment:

Dorina Gilmore said...

I love how you celebrate Ella's spiritual growth. These stories are so precious - and inspire me to write more about Meilani's "Biblical Truths."