Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Number 500!

Can you believe I've written 500 posts already? While Heather was here I hit number 500 on my post counter! I thought it would be fitting to celebrate my apparent obsession with blogging with some thoughts on what this particular blog has become.

It started as a way for you far-away family to stay updated on our lives and our girls. I still think of my audience as 6 people: Mom, Dad, Karen, Kristen, Kyle and Heather. In some ways, I like the oblivion of not knowing who exactly is reading. Church friends? Friends of friends? People I haven't talked to since high school? People I don't even know? I'm gonna just keep pretending that this is my own little conversation with those I know and love best (no offense to the rest of you!) ;)

I have to admit, though, that even if I did not have an audience, I would continue to blog. I now write for me and my family. It's become my favorite hobby. I've turned this blog into a digital scrapbook or journal of sorts. I feel like some day I'll give my kids the amazing gift of the record of their first years of life. I tell their stories and post their pictures because I am so extraordinarily blessed to be their mom. I hope my love for my family comes across when they are reading these old posts as high schoolers or mothers themselves.

Thank you again for being a faithful follower of my bragging and rambling. Will you stay with us for another 500? I hope so!

7 comments:

Jonathan said...

Yay for friends, yay for blogging, and yay for blogging friends! We'll stick with ya! :)

I had never thought to look at our number of posts. We're coming up on our fourth anniversary of blogging, though. :)

Amy

Anonymous said...

Jen: Your blog has been a blessing in our lives. Even though you are far away, we know what is happening in your every day lives. I too think that it is a great record for your girls. I wish they would have had this way back when. Thanks for your faithful blogging. I miss it when you don't post any thing for a few days. Love,
MOM

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed EVERY one of the posts! Thank you for putting so much effort into creating this for us... I'm glad that you are enjoying it for yourself, too! I love you! love, Karen

KyleVM said...

Congratulations on the big 5-0-0! As has been mentioned already, it really is such a wonderful way for me to keep in touch with you, Dave, and my beautiful nieces. And you are so clever in your posts as well so it is always fun to read. I look forward to hundreds more!

(Uncle) Kyle

tlg said...

Jen,
I check on your blog faithfully! I love seeing pictures of your precious girls and hearing about your fun adventures. Love you!

Teri

Wicker Family said...

Thank you for blessing so many of us with your blog -- even if you aren't writing for "us":-) I so enjoy getting a glimpse into your world and relating to your growing family.

Dorina Gilmore said...

Jen,
I love the new look of your blog. 500 is pretty darn amazing, my friend. And I do have to attribute my love for writing & reading blogs to you. Thanks for your inspiration and the window to your family's world.
Love you,
Dorina