Saturday, February 14, 2009

It's the Little Things this Valentine's

Happy Valentine's Day! We've been having a great day, though low key and normal, a few special extras have been sprinkled in-- heart shaped PB&J sandwiches, simple gifts, homemade cards, pink milk, a yummy grilled dinner, etc. Since we've been decorating and receiving Valentines all week, today was not actually that big a deal.

I made my family my favorite Teri-dish-- Dutch Baby for breakfast (recipe over the right). Then we relished a morning of lounging and leisurely coffee-drinking.

The girls also had a pink bag of pink presents to open this Valentine's. I've been collecting small gifts-- coloring books, bubble bath, stories and a new pink dress up gown (which Ella is wearing in the first picture and will probably be wearing in each subsequent picture I take of her for the next 2 years). As I knew they would be, each new little treasure was received with enthusiasm.

Last night Dave and I went on our romantic Valentine's date. We used passes someone gave us years ago to see Slumdog Millionaire (our SECOND movie in a theatre since Ella was born!). This movie was fantastic and we heartily recommended it. Then we shared a decadent dessert at a nearby restaurant.

So, this Valentine's, though un-extravagant, was celebrated with lots of love. Now, if you'll excuse me the timer on my brownies is going off. Brownie sundaes here we come!

1 comment:

VP's said...

Jen,

I so enjoy your blog and reading about your girls. Yes, we also Slumdog Millionaire and we also heartily recommend it.

Sounds like a nice Valentine's Day!