Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Love is in the Air

In preparation for Saturday's big love bash, the girls and I have been keeping busy with Valentine's crafts and activities. This year we have a schoolgirl, so Ella's homework was to write her name on 14 Valentines that she specifically picked out for her friends. Dave and I high-fived over the name we choose for her-- only 4 letters, two of which are straight lines. (And yes, with a last name like VM, this was totally intentional!) She whipped out 14 E-l-l-a's in less than 20 minutes. She's pumped about her class Valentine's Day party tomorrow.



Today we went to the Bible Book Store for their Wednesday morning story hour. This was fantastic! The kids heard stories about Jesus loving them and learned John 3:16. They were also taught the sign language sign for "I Love You" and then made special Valentines featuring their traced hands making this sign.



I have little self-control when it comes to giving a gift I'm excited about. Today we gave Dave an early Valentine: a frame for his office that we've been working on. It has the girls' hand prints and a Photo-Shopped collage of pictures I took of Ella and Delia. He loved it! Finding the gift he got me slipped into my wallet today and Ella repeatedly telling Daddy about the card and picture frame we made him helped force my hand early on this! :)

No comments: