Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Imagination Inspired by a Closet

Last night Ella and Delia discovered my built-in linen closet. At first they just cleared it out so they could hide in it. Each girl took a shelf and then closed the door to be unseen. This alone equalled great fun. Next, they piled all the baby dolls inside. Then they started unfolding towels and blankets to make it into a fort. The fort turned into a dog house and I had two barking puppies running around. They indulged in this world of imagination for an hour and a half straight!

Dave was at at basketball game, so I had to describe the night's discovery to him. He laughed and recalled all the secret places he had played in at his house growing up. I guess there's just something irresistible about a small dark niche to crawl into and hide when you're a child!

1 comment:

KyleVM said...

That's hilarious! I should say I've become quite handy at turning ordinary closets into functionable living spaces. I had my bed in the closet back in DC and I've converted my closet now into a library. But a dog house, eh?...I'll have to look into that one!

I love seeing the girls play so well together and enjoy each other as sisters. I can't wait to see it up close in exactly one month from today!