Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Snakes!



On Saturday there was a big reptile exhibit on display at our Bass Pro Shop. It was actually hosted by two guys from our church who are huge reptile enthusiasts and collectors. We were excited to take Karen and Calvin to see the snakes, lizards, turtles and toads that Mike and Loren were showing, but their flight's snow delay nixed this idea. While we waited for our family to land, we were able to sneak over with the girls and take a peek at all the cool California-native reptiles. Ella was especially taken with this brown and white striped California King Snake. She would have come home with a new pet if we let her!

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

What a great snake, Ella! Thanks for inviting me and sorry I couldn't come!

Hope to see you soon.

Love,
Jonathan

Wicker Family said...

Ella, you go, girl! I have to confess the things that creep and crawl give me the creepy-crawlys up and down my spine. I wish they didn't, I'll to keep working on it.

Dorina Gilmore said...

Love that you go to the Bass Pro shop for field trips...