Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Fire Trucks in My Jammies!

Last night I (Ella) had a pretty funny night. Let me set the scene. Daddy was giving premarital counseling at church and I was at home with Mommy and Delia. It was about 7:00 and I was taking a bath while Delia snuggled in the sling with Mommy. We kept hearing fire trucks and sirens go by. Mommy was concerned about there being some humongous fire near by...every 10 minutes we'd hear another huge parade of emergency vehicles. When Daddy came home he reminded us that it was "National Night Out." I guess this is something our government thought up to get us out of our houses to meet our neighbors (to prevent crime supposedly). Well, since Mommy knows that I LOVE fire trucks (and buses, and garbage trucks and tractors and pretty much any truck...) she quick whipped me out the tub and ran me to the window (naked!) to see the trucks come down our street. The fire trucks and police cars and ambulance stopped on our street and all the firemen and police men came out. We put on jammies real fast and ran outside. I had a great time seeing the trucks up close and getting stickers and pencils from the firemen. Mommy and Daddy talked for a long time to some nice neighbors on the corner they had never met before-- so I guess the plan to send fire trucks to our street to get us outside meeting each other worked! Maybe next time my bath won't be interrupted so abruptly and I can be wearing some real clothes instead of my jammies...

No comments: