Thursday, August 23, 2007

Settling Into Routine

Ah, the joy of the everyday mundane. We here in the "New and Improved" VM household are finally finding our stride. Delia has had about a week straight of great days. She has been blessedly content, putting that semi-constant wail of a cry of hers away and trading it for smiles, coos and happy kicking. She's had a number of good nights too-- 2 nights ago she slept for 6 hours straight! Ella smothers her with kisses and "I love you, Deal-na"s and is actually pretty helpful. Today Ella retrieved Delia's blankie and pacifier for her while I was making lunch. The start of fussiness subsided when big sister stepped in-- all on her own too! I'm noticing some routine in Delia also. With Ella it took a long time to reach any sort of sleep schedule, but I guess because one is pretty well established already, Delia's just goes along with it. The girls take afternoon naps at the same time and both go to bed around the same time. Could this be any nicer for us?
And sure, not all is perfectly rosy, Ella's been testing more lately and has been spending enough time with her new "friend"-- The Settle Down Couch (a place for her to sit until her hysterics and tantrums are "ALL DONE!"). Delia still has to just deal when I am busy with something Ella needs, but these are just the stages of life, I guess.

The one drawback to our normal, getting-more-settled lives is the lack of exciting activities. I am aware that I haven't blogged in a while...sorry. I realized my addiction when I pulled out my camera during play time the other day just to capture something-- anything to write about! So, for now enjoy this happy picture of me and my daughters...I'm a mother of two; I can actually do this! :)

1 comment:

Dorina Gilmore said...

Jen,
I just want to say I think you're a fabulous mother of two. There are so many days when I think, "Man, can I really do two or three or four?" like we've talked about. You truly are my inspiration. I hope you're taking good mental notes so you can enlighten me in a few years.
By the way, I love this photo of Ella in the hula skirt. Good times!
Dorina for the fam