Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sprinkles for Ella and A Break for Mommy

The past few mornings have been a little rough for my new baby sister (and my Mommy). Delia seems to do most of her crying shortly after waking up and Mommy has a hard time comforting her while getting all of us ready. Our average teeth-brushed, clothes on, breakfast eaten, done getting ready time has been 11:30! (Don't tell anyone, though.) So, today my Daddy stepped in. Here is a recap of our super fun morning together...

Daddy got me out of bed when I woke up this morning, took me into the shower, got me dressed and took me and my roller skates out for a special treat. We stopped at the donut shop where I got to pick out my own donut. Of course, I chose the one with the pretty sprinkles. Then he took me to church. Here we are arriving in his office...

Daddy set up a little table where we sat down to eat our breakfast together. I drank my "box juice" while he had his coffee. You can see that I really liked eating just the sprinkles on my donut...



After breakfast, Daddy helped me put on my roller skates and pads and we skated in all the open areas of the church (there are a lot more spaces there than at home). The church staff was excited that I had come to roller skate and they all took turns with me. Heidi (the worship coordinator) took me outside to the mail box and Pastor Bruce took me around and to his office. In this picture, I look grumpy, but I am really happy (I think I'm saying "Cheese")...



After a wonderful, sprinkle-donut and roller skate filled morning it was time to head back home to Mommy and Delia. Daddy does have a job to do after all. When I got home, I saw that Mommy was able to get showered, dressed (her and Delia), eat breakfast and make the bed and it was way before the "Average Getting Ready Time!" Thanks for a great morning, Daddy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Daddy you have, Ella. That is great that you and Daddy had such a special morning together. It's also fun that you have all of those caring people at your Daddy's work. You are a very blessed little girl. I love you, Ella.
Love,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dave and Jen (and the girls)! Karen has shown me your blog before, but we had a computer that was older than my second-grader, so I couldn't do much. We just got a new one, so I am having fun exploring (in between breaks from Renee's webkinz world).

Anyways, congratulations on the birth of Delia. She is beautiful, and you all look incredibly happy! It was fun reading your blog, and I am impressed with all of the work that you've done in putting this together. Just wanted to say hi and congrats!!!

Laura V.

Dorina Gilmore said...

Sounds like an excellent father-daughter day. I hope Mommy is being nice to herself and remembering that this too shall pass in the season of newborn. LOTS OF LOVE & PRAYERS, Auntie Dorina