Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gotta Love Summer!

Here's a summer tradition Heather and I grew up with: running through the sprinkler! When you are hot and pool-less it's a great option (and from a Mommy point-of-view, it also makes some super cute pictures!). After our play time in the sprinkler we slurped some blueberry pomegranate popsicles. Ahhh, summer!





What are your favorite things to do during these hot, lazy days of summer? Leave me a comment and I'll compile a list of fun ways to fill the days of this season!

4 comments:

Dorina Gilmore said...

Hi Friends,
Love these closeups. So adorable. We just bought Meilani a sprinkler too - since we're pool-less in Virginia. Now we have to figure out how to hook it up to water somewhere near our apartment.
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

Ofcourse my summer fun involves food! :) I LOVE to eat dinner outside where you can still smell the grill. It is so nice to sip lemonade on the back porch watching the day wind down. I LOVE it and miss it so much during our long, cold Chicago winter months.
Love,
"Auntie" Kris

Anonymous said...

I forgot the most important! A great summer read :) Something like "The Manny" or "Jemima J." Nothing serious, just funny and full of love!

(Kris)

KyleVM said...

My suggestions: Get near water (be it river, lake, ocean, or pond). Visit those sort of nerdy (but secretly really cool) historical sites that you've read about or driven past in the car. Like Kris said, read frivilous books, but also challenge yourself with one major "classic." For instance, my challenge this summer is Moby Dick and I'm loving it. Re-watch your favorite movies from childhood on DVD, but plan one big summer blockbuster to see and make a big deal out of it by ordering your favorite candy or by having dinner that somehow ties in to the movie.

I've enjoyed the suggestions so far. Thanks for posting them!

Kyle