Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Makeover

I love her to pieces and will do anything for her. The year and a half Delia's makeshift nursery took over our office was just a small inconvenience, but it sure is fun to get this room back! I warned Dave that I'd be feeling ambitious with our office when he returned from the service trip and has he ever been sweet about it. After he disassembled the crib and worked with me to get caught up on almost 2 years worth the bill and document shredding and filing, he took a morning off for a family trip to Ikea in Sacramento. Just a few new things really helped spruce the office up-- curtains, some artwork, a toy storage center, a new desk lamp and these magnetic boards for the kids' artwork. I was going for a "whimsical" feel in our new and improved office. I'm not sure I achieved it, but I do like how colorful and kid friendly it seems. After the past year of mismatched baby and office furniture and the past 10 years of wedding present decor and old college remnants, the change feels fabulous and will definitely enhance my creativity when it comes to blog writing! :) And if you're looking for a birthday present idea for me, I love this clock off our amazon wish list...
.
We heart Ikea!
Our overflowing bookshelves and 10 ton desk had to stay, so we just made over the space around them.
I love how these magnetic boards fill what was a wasted space between the closets. As soon as they went up, Ella said, "I better start working on some new artwork!"
A few views of the rest of the office.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

It looks so good. Very cheery! :) You found curtains! They look great! Enjoy your new space!

Amy

Linking Lines said...

Isn't it fun to redecorate? It's always so refreshing! The room looks great...what a fun family activity! You did a great job.
Delia's 2 year pictures were adorable! Where did you get those boots? Too cute!

Sheri