Sunday, July 26, 2009

I Think It's Officially Safe to Boast

I wasn't going to even try until this winter. I still have a closet full of diapers and a keen awareness of Delia's strong will. But, last week when she said, "I go pee potty" after watching her sister and then effortlessly did so three different times, I thought, "Okay we'll try potty training." One week later and this girl is trained! I will not take any credit for this, though I will proudly brag and remind you that Delia turned two just two weeks ago. This was all her doing. I simply made the potty available and took away diapers as options. She's had multiple successes every day and has even started waking up dry and going at places other than home-- like church. Dave and I are absolutely amazed and tickled that it was this easy-- no long hours waiting on the potty, no pleading, no elaborate bribery nor even any frustrating accidents. We acknowledge that Delia will do anything to, one, imitate her big sister and, two, get a nummie!
.
My big girl in undies. To use Delia's own words, "I not bee-bee, I big girl!" So long crib AND diapers! (Not feeling as nostalgic about this goodbye, though!)

4 comments:

Linking Lines said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!!! Kiera's only been potty-trained for 3 weeks (that stubborn will). I am impressed and rejoice with you. Good-riddance diapers...hello extra cash!!!

Sheri

Jonathan's Mom said...

That's so exciting! See, you weren't pushing her...she really was ready!

Do you think Grace will learn so well from Jonathan when her time comes? ;)

Congratulations!

Wicker Family said...

Congratulations, Delia! What a big girl. Jen, I'm sure you are rejoicing in this new development. I'll pray that Kathryn takes a page from Delia's book (because Drew was not so easy. . .)

Gail said...

Wow! Yeah--life without diapers! Congrats!!